Monday, January 7, 2013

New Year, New Mommy!

I hope 2013 finds you all in good health and great spirits because I know we are! Let's recap the BOOMs of 2012 since it was such a great year, shall we!?!
In March I married the man of my dreams and this is definitely a BOOM in my book!
Dee and I took our first trip out of the country to Jamaica! This was a trip of a lifetime and I don't know if we will ever top the fun we had that week! This deserves a BOOM BOOM!
Dee got a job promotion to manager of the Carolina Home Medical Kinston location! We can chalk this up as a big ole BOOM!
In June we were blessed with a "surprise" of a little boy! Little boys definitely go BOOM!
We got a new 4x4 Explorer complete with dual headrest DVD players, navigation, leather, and most importantly (to me, anyways!) remote control start and heated seats for those cold winter months! BIG BOOM!
What a blessing 2012 has been and we can only imagine what 2013 will bring!
Now on to resolutions! I don't typically make a ton of resolutions because I feel I put way too much pressure on myself, but this year I can make just a few to see how it feels!
1. Get back my pre-baby body first and foremost (here's to praying that breastfeeding burns as many calories as all the books say it does!)
2. Be the best, most fun, most energetic, most loving mom & wife ever.
3. While I know I will not want to put my little boy down for anything in this world, I want to continue to make time for me : continue to read, workout, spend time with friends, etc. This will not only keep me sane, but remind me that while Lucas is #1, I can be special too : )
4. Buy more clothes and shoes! Nevermind, my husband says this one cannot be counted!
5. Dial back my love for bread. And cheese. And cheesy bread.
Okay well this is just a GREAT start!
I plan to rock them all, and honestly don't care if I fail miserably at #4!

No comments:

Post a Comment